Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cleansing Puja 厄払いのブージャ





I welcomed a Tibetan monk to my studio the other day with my signature chai. He had fled Tibet some years ago and now resides in the states.

The reason of his visit was to give me a personal puja. In my 20's I often went to see many psychics and astrologers. Since I grew up in a family who saw things in a scientific way I was never exposed to anything metaphysical growing up, so I became very curious about things that could not be explained with scientific formulas. However, during my 30's I realized that "Having psychics tell me about me" did not necessarily made me happier. So I just stopped going to see them completely.

Two years ago when my husband and I moved to Socal I met a renowned Tibetan astrologer. I had no particular problems at that time, so I decided to have my chart done by him. I thought that since I was not searching for any particular answers or outcome I would not be affected by his reading. Also, as a freelance artist I wanted to support another freelance individual in my new city. It was nothing more than a friendly gesture.

So he did my chart, and I had a reading.
Hum... The Tibetan astrologer told me a couple of things that bothered me.
I went to his office in a whimsical mood, and came home with a heavy heart.
I regretted that I had had a reading... (actually, I regretted a big time!)

There is a famous quote by Lord Buddha:
"Things will be solved if they are meant to be solved, and things won't
get solved if they are meant not to be solved. Therefore, to worry is an
useless action in either ways."

Then, why did I have my reading done? If "knowing" won't do any good
why bother? As my nature is to worry I again confirmed the fact that this is
not for me - psychic readings, astrology readings and all that stuff!!!

Two years have passed, and this reading was still bothering me, so when
I met this Tibetan monk I told him about my concern.
"Don't worry. I will do the puja for you," he told me.
I don't even know if this puja will work or not, but I swore myself to
let go of this heaviness in my heart and believe that I could do it
with the puja.

The cleansing puja was beautiful. I was not even sad or anything, but
tears began to roll down on my cheeks. I felt as if my heart was having
a fresh shower to wash away the old dirt.

For many centuries people have believed in and relied on astrology, and
I am sure that there are many significant elements and the certain truth in it.
Yet, I promised myself not to have another reading just because it does not
work for me. All I can do is to try to treasure every day, to thank,
to be kind, to eat healthy, to take care of the environment, to help others
and to be compassionate.

My teacher in India also said go me,
"Rima, all men have the ability to change their paths. Even though
the stars may indicate certain outcomes you have the ability to change
that. There is always a solution in life!"

先日、チベットはアムド地方からアメリカに亡命さ
れたチベット僧侶がアトリエに来てくださいました。
私の特製チャイを作ってお迎えしました。

来ていただいたのは、厄払いプージャをしていただく
ためです。実は私、20代の頃はよく占い師やサイキック、
過去や未来が「見える」人に見てもらったことがありました。
科学的に物事を観る家庭で育ったため、メタフィジカルなことに
興味を抱いたのです。でも、30代になって「色々と見て
もらっても、より幸せになるわけでも無い」という結論に
達し、一切やめていました。

2年前にNYから南カリフォルニアに来た時、近くに住んでいる
ある著名なチベット占星術師と出会い、久々に「見てもらう」
ことにしました。と言うのは、特別悩みも無かったし、何かに
すがりたい様な感情も無かったので、振り回される心配も
無いと思ったからです。それに同じ自由業の身として、
彼をサポートもしたいと思いました。

そして、見てもらった結果、、、。
やっぱり気になることを2つばかり言われました。
う~ん。気軽に行ったものの、帰り道の心は重く、、。苦笑
「やっぱり見てもらうべきじゃなかったなあ、、」と、ちょっぴり
後悔。(というか、かなり後悔!)

というのは、こんなブッダの有名な言葉があります。

「どうにかなることは、どうにかなる。どうにもならないものは
、何をしてももどうにもならない。だから、どちらにしろと、
心配することは無駄な行為なのだ。」

だったら、何もために見てもらうのだろう?
私は基本的に心配性なので、これは自分に適切でないと
改めて痛感したのでした、、。

あれから2年弱が経ちましたが、なんとなく心に
ひっかかっていることは変わりませんでした。
そんな時に、この僧侶と出会ったのです。彼に相談すると、
プージャをして下さるとおっしゃいます。

この儀式が本当に効果があるのか無いのかは別として、
自分の心の重い気持ちを払い落とすために、お願いしました。
これで吹っ切ると、自分で決めたのです。
そして、プージャは、それはそれは美しい儀式で、感動しました。
心が洗われるような感覚で、悲しくも何ともないのに涙が溢れ
出しました。

長い歴史上、星の動きや占いが人類の重要な一部であったことは
間違いありません。そこに何かしらの真実があることは確かだと思います。
でも、自分の性格上、色々と見てもらうことは一切しないことにしました。

毎日を大切にし、感謝の気持ちを忘れず、思いやりの心を忘れず、
体に良いものを採り、環境に良い行動をとり、少しでも社会のために
役立つことができるように心がけ、優しい気持ちで生きて行く努力
を続けたいと思います。

インドにいる私の恩師もおっしゃいました。
「リマ、人間は皆、自分の道(運命)を変えて行く力を備えている。
例え、星の動きがあることを意味していても、人間はそれを自分の
意志で変えて行くことができるのですよ。」









No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright©Rima Fujita 2009 All rights reserved.