Tuesday, December 3, 2013

H.H.The Dalai Lama in Tokyo

 My annual solo exhibition in Tokyo happened to be at the same time with the Dalai Lama's visit to Tokyo. Fortunately this happens every year coincidentally - I must have done something good in my past life to have this wonderful opportunity to see him!
For some reason, His Holiness calls me, "New York" every time we meet. I have been so
fortunate to meet him in New York many times, perhaps that is why.

He had a very busy schedule as always, and traveled around Japan. However, the media coverage of this renowned Nobel Peace Prize Laureate was minimum in Japan due to its tense political relationship with China. I truly hope that one day Japan will welcome The Dalai Lama with genuine open arms and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright©Rima Fujita 2009 All rights reserved.